Thursday, September 25, 2014

Cardinal

I've been mooned by a Cardinal!!
Not only have I not seen a Cardinal I have not heard one either till this morning! I'm sitting on the camp chair with my books, Michael is off somewhere. I cock my head up from the page and see this furry, tiny ball of red bird feathers, twitching, and fluffing. I realise it is the ass end of a Cardinal. I laugh out loud.lolololol My higher Power has a great sense of humor!!! I've been mooned by a Cardinal!
We are staying at Harold Parker campground North Reading Mass. We drive the 20 minutes into Concord each day to visit the literary sites and shop for food, or a great restaurant.
To my great surprise I find Louisa May Alcott's Museum here. I delight my self with a few toys and treats for my friends. Her sisters wedding dress is laying out on the bed. Her writing desk is made by her father.
She had a mood pillow. I think they should market these.. If the pillow was up it was a great day and she was happy, if the pillow was down to onlookers she was not to be disturbed, for she was deep in thoughts.
We saw Walden Pond. I swam there. Michael spent a few minutes in silence with Mr. Thoreau at the cabin site. There is a kern there, but no cabin.He was very deeply moved in this place. His boyhood idol and friend has been the writings and thoughts of Thoreau.
Later on in the town of Concord we found really great Pizza and coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment