Monday, September 1, 2014

Sitting here this morning listening to the rain at 6a.m. seems like a very nice time to begin creating a blog of our four week trip to New England in July of this summer. I really had no idea of what to expect, I had looked at photos and tested out a few internet sites related to the places we planned to visit, however I had no idea of the beauty and kinship we were about to discover along the highways and byways of our American cousins homelands.
Setting out at 7:30 from my sisters driveway in Moncton the temperature was expected to get as high as 32Celsiusus I felt profoundly grateful to be in an air-conditioned car and leaving all the humidity behind .Leaving, dishes,bed making,floor scrubbing. Whatever will I do??What will we see??Leaving my family and friends wondering where I was now? The road simply began to move towards Maine and many Tim Horton's later around 11a.m. we arrived at the border crossing in Houlton Maine.
 Mice were the first critters I saw EEEEEEKKK! sitting in our car at the border crossing waiting
to be served I saw a mouse scittering from one wheel of the car in front of us to another beside us.This was just  the first installment Mother Earth had in store for me on the trip.
We arrived in Baxter State Park by lunch time to the sounds of Loons out on the Lake where our cabin was situated. One hundred year old cabin in the deep woods of Maine, as Henry David Thoreau call to the wild settled into our souls we stepped back in time for three days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment